Knowhow at a high scientific level combined with practical and technical skills, has culminated in a commercial use of the Zeracryl solution.
A 4-years collaboration with Hoff SA resulted in a successful full scale testing and practical solution 2015. In 2016 HOFF SA started production by use of Zeracryl’s solutions which has resulted in remarkable results.
Companies gain profit by using the Zeracryl solution.
Acrylamide reduced products treated with Zeracryl solution is sold to end users.
– Acrylamide was first detected in food by Swedish scientists in 2002.
– Latest EFSA report of June 2015 concluded that acrylamide in food potentially increases the risk of developing cancer for consumers.
– European Commission, Directorate General for Health and Food Safety, is expected to continuously expand stricter regulations.
WHAT CAUSE ACRYLAMIDE?
– Acrylamide is formed by reaction of amino acid asparagine and reducing sugars, especially glucose and fructose, at high temperatures.
– Acrylamide is generally found in carbohydrate-rich foods cooked at high temperatures, such as potato, cereal based products and coffee.
HOW TO REDUCE ACRYLAMIDE IN FRIED POTATO PRODUCTS?
– Acrylamide is reduced by blocking the reaction between sugar and asparagine with the use of the Zeracryl solution.
– Zeracryl solution is a combination of a smart solution and suitable ingredients, and can be applied by the process industry, HORECA segment and home-cooks.
WHAT IS THE COST?
– PROOF OF CONCEPT AND FULL PRODUCTION AT HOFF SA CONFIRM A PROFIT FOR THIS MANUFACTURER.
VALUE FOR CUSTOMER
– A healthier product
– Lower contents of acrylamide (50-75%)
– Suitable for all types of potato with different qualities.
– Potatoes with poor quality (= high levels of reducing sugars) can be used as raw materials when the Zeracryl solution is applied.
– Use of the Zeracryl solution does not influence or make any problems to the oil quality as expressed by free fatty acids (FFA-values)
– The process has no influence on water content of the potatoes during processing
– A more consistent color between different potato varietis and variation in sugar content.
– No change in sensory properties
– Robust system that is easy for operators to run
– The method is easily integrated in standard control systems
– Zeracryl can be used in combination with SAPP and Ca-lactate
– Zeracryl can be used in current processes and with existing equipment
– Low implementation costs
– No influence on the processing time by the use of the Zeracryl solution
– Minor maintenance
– A sustainable solution