REDUCTION OF ACRYLAMIDE IN FRIED POTATO PRODUCTS. SUITABLE TO THE HORECA SEGMENT AND HOME USERS
Zeracryl AS is happy to offer the HORECA industry and home-makers a solution before frying or baking.
Our concept is suitable to all kitchens, requires minor preparation time, and is easy to use. An explicable film of 2 minutes has been made for educational purpose.
The brand name is Zeracryl® and gives at least 50 % reduction of acrylamide.
- Acrylamide was first found to be present in food by Swedish scientists in 2002.
- Latest EFSA report of June 2015 concluded that acrylamide in food potentially increases the risk of developing cancer for consumers.
- European Commission, Directorate General for Health and Food Safety, will continuously elaborate stronger regulations and have recently decided lower acrylamide levels operative from April 18th, 2018.
WHAT CAUSES ACRYLAMIDE?
- Acrylamide is formed by reaction of the amino acid asparagine and reducing sugars, especially glucose and fructose, at high temperatures.
- Acrylamide is to be found in carbohydrate-rich foods cooked at high temperatures, such as potato, cereal based products and coffee.
HOW TO REDUCE ACRYLAMIDE IN FRIED POTATO PRODUCTS:
- Our concept is suitable both for raw potatoes and par-fried potatoes.
- Zeracryl is blocking the reaction between sugar and asparagine with use of edible acid or lactic acid bacteria.
RESTAURANT VIDEO TO BE LAUNCHED END OF JUNE 2018 :
RESTAURANT PROCESS SHOWN BELOW :
Cut potatoes or frozen par fried
Zerabac® (lactic acid bacteria) is our second product which reduce acrylamide levels even more. >70%
This product demands more preparation and suitable for Premium restaurants (high quality segment). Use of ZERABAC ® gives the product an even better taste and crispyness.
This frozen powder will be delivered in 50 g sackets and is commercial available both for Home – Makers and Restaurants.
Value for customers by use of edible acid or lactic acid bacteria
Reduced acrylamide levels (50-75%) in addition securing compliance to EU’s new and stricter regulation on allowed acrylamide levels operative from April 18th.
- No effect on oil quality
- Less frying time and thereby less exposure of oil, less fat and calories
- Gives a golden color
- The method is efficient with several potato varieties, including Sweet Potato French Fries
- Suitable for both raw potatoes and for par-fried, industrially frozen standard products.
- No negative effect on taste
- Overall, a more healthy product
- If incorrect storage, high sugar content or fairly high cooking temperature s – Zeracryl has a repairing and preservative design.
- Slightly increased bubbling starting frying
Recommendation-best practic – Zeracryl solution.
- Store potatoes in correct environment.
- Washing with Zearcryl according to recipe/video.